Volunteer Charity Coordinator – Role Description
Posted on October 10th, 2017
OPPORTUNITY REF: VCC/V1/MHF
The Muscle Help Foundation (MHF) is an award-winning small specialist family charity that nationally delivers transformational, highly personalised experiences in the UK called Muscle Dreams for children and young people with muscular dystrophy and allied neuromuscular conditions. The charity has reached an exciting point in its evolution.
Reporting to MHF’s Charity Secretary, the main purpose of this role is to ensure that the charity continues to have an adequate number of volunteers that are available to support our fundraising events and Muscle Dream programme activities. As MHF grows, a vital part of this role is the ability to communicate effectively with our existing volunteer base in keeping them informed and engaged.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- To co-ordinate the recruitment of volunteers, assisting with volunteer applications, Criminal Record Bureau (CRB) documentation and references. Ensuring they are appropriately matched and trained (where required) for a position.
- Organising rotas where applicable and providing inductions and identifying any training requirements.
- To track and compile an annual report on the number of volunteer hours and the financial benefits of volunteer activity.
- Working alongside the Charity Secretary to monitor, review and update MHF volunteer policies and procedures and keep an up to date knowledge of changes in legislation and best practice.
- To ensure volunteer costs are tracked against each event and are within budget, including the organisation of reimbursement of expenses to the Charity Secretary.
- Monitoring, supporting, motivating and accrediting volunteers and their work.
- Celebrating volunteering by nominating volunteers for awards and helping to organise celebration events.
- Offering advice and information to volunteers and external organisations through face-to-face, telephone and email contact about our volunteering opportunities.
- Helping with profile-raising events to attract new volunteers.
Skills, experience and qualities needed
- Ability to work independently and use own initiative and work as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong relationship building & excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Keen attention to detail and accurate data entry skills
- Positive, confident, friendly and enthusiastic attitude/manner
- An interest in the charity sector
- Able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Dedication, motivation, drive, ambition, and commitment to the job at hand
Values and behaviours
- A passionate attitude that reflects the charity’s values
- A desire to want to contribute to the development of MHF
- A commitment to and an understanding of disability issues
- A commitment to and an understanding of equal opportunities & diversity
- To demonstrate role-model behaviour at all times
What MHF can offer you
- Training where required for the role
- Full induction of the charity
- Opportunity to develop valuable communications skills
- Chance to gain an insight into the running of an award-winning charity
- Opportunity to work closely with MHF’s inspirational CEO
- First hand experience working as part of a small dynamic team
- Insight into a range of fundraising and awareness activities
- Satisfaction of knowing that you are making a vital difference to MHF’s work
- References for future employers
- This is a volunteer role
- Flexible working arrangements incl spending time with MHF’s CEO
- Reasonable travel expenses will be provided
- You will be required to work from home
- There may be some travel to MHF’s HQ based in Buntingford (East Herts)
The Muscle Help Foundation is committed to providing equal opportunities for all irrespective of disability, gender, race, age, sexuality and religion.
For further information, please call 01763 274658 or email email@example.com