Trustees – The Muscle Help Foundation
Posted on February 14th, 2020
OPPORTUNITY REF: Trustees/14.02.20/V1/MHF
The Muscle Help Foundation (MHF) is a small, multi-award winning charity rooted in family values that delivers transformational, highly personalised experiences in the UK called Muscle Dreams for children and young people (8-28yrs) with muscular dystrophy and allied neuromuscular conditions.
Trustees provide strategic leadership and direction in line with prescribed objectives. The Board represent the interests of all stakeholders acting as Ambassadors for the charity.
MHF is actively looking to grow and strengthen its Trustee Board by seeking to appoint a further two or three Trustees in the 2020/21 period. Trustees owe a fiduciary duty to the beneficiaries of the charity – this is a duty of loyalty, honesty, integrity, good faith and transparency.
The role can be extremely rewarding and the opportunity to bring your skills, passion and competencies to help make even more of a difference to our impact exists. The most effective Boards are ones which benefit from individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and skill sets.
In attracting wider support and in establishing new and enduring lasting partnerships underpinned by common goals and shared values, we would like to hear from individuals who can:
- Bring a senior business perspective
- Open doors, make introductions, identify new donors and partnership opportunities
- Bring professional skills – specifically individuals with a depth of knowledge & experience in:
- Business / Strategy – assist in MHF’s ongoing strategic development, help strengthen core capacity, advise on business partnership development leading to CSR or other support eg corporate sponsorship, philanthropic, Trust or foundation sources
- Fundraising / Communications – with good independent judgement and a strong communicator, bring knowledge and expertise to help inform the charity’s fundraising and communications strategy
- Digital – provide thought leadership on the role of digital and help build and implement the charity’s digital vision. Translate the risks and opportunities of digital for other Trustees, to enable the board as a whole to engage in an informed way. Provide strategic oversight, champion the use of digital data and draw on your networks to support us
- Demonstrate a combination of intellect, personal presence and standing
- Show excellent listening and communication skills
- Be able to make a cogent, clear and compelling case on behalf of the charity
- Evidence a strong personal commitment and empathy consistent with our values and mission
- Be willing to act as advocates in promoting our work and impact across personal networks
- Be willing to champion our cause to the wider world
The charity is committed to providing equal opportunities for all irrespective of disability, gender, race, age, sexuality and religion.
For further info, email: ceo @ musclehelp . com or call (01763) 274658