RTE [Radio Telefís Éireann] is Ireland’s leading public service broadcaster
The 30 minute interview covered a variety of topics including:
· Michael McGrath’s life, before and after being diagnosed with muscular dystrophy
· Family history including links with Ireland
· North and South Pole – what were they like?
· The aims of The Muscular Help Foundation
· Muscular Dystrophy Ireland – Have a Heart 14th Feb 2006 National Fundraising Campaign
· Professional life – inspirational / motivational speaker + diversity business
· Role as disABILITY Champion – Hilton Hotels [UK & Ireland]
Outside The Box
Described as the programme for and about people with disability. According to its presenter, the show “focuses on a sector of society which has traditionally been hidden away in Ireland. I like to think the programme highlights the specific problems facing those with disability in Ireland. For example, there are so many poverty issues concerned with disability; it can cost people significant money to be disabled, or to have disability in their family. Issues aside, the show is principally about people and their lives.
If I were to ask one thing of the general public out there it would be this: when you meet somebody with a disability, start from the premise that their “disability” is possibly the least interesting thing about them” [Olan McGowan].
The listener profile of ‘Outside the Box’ mainly covers the disability community across the whole of Ireland.
RTE [Radio Telefís Éireann] is Ireland’s public service broadcaster.
RTÉ, through all of its services, forms a major part of the infrastructure of Irish society.
The distinctive leader in Irish media, RTÉ provides a comprehensive and cost-effective broadcasting service to the Irish public on radio and television. Top